Thursday, September 26, 2013

When Love is Wrong.....?


What happens when you fall in love with the wrong person? Who warns us how to detect when your heart is falling into the lap of someone who is not ready to accept your gift? As a parent we are so focused on giving our love to our babies that it is so easy to disregard the love that we need for ourselves. I have found being a parent has made me more willing to love, but has taken away some of my expectation of the love I should receive in return. I deserve as much as I give, we all do. No relationship is easy and nothing comes without hard work. Finding that person who will forgive you for your idiotic faults and you forgiving them as well for their misguided conceptions is what is important. This of course would be ideal, but what happens when you find yourself loving so hard and caring so much but not receiving it in return? How do you stop?

We are taught as mothers to love unconditionally. If our children yelled they hated us and spit in our faces as adults we would be there for them like the father of the prodigal son when they returned. This is how we are made as mothers. But then we are told that is not acceptable in romantic love, that you cannot take, take, take until you are beaten down to a pulp. In fact, romantic love should always be perfect bliss.... but its not.... in the real world people go through their issues and what matters is when all those things are past you all can still have the same relationship you did prior. And better yet if it is stronger than it was before! 

I fell in love. For the longest I have been telling myself it was with the wrong person but now I see it differently. It wasn’t the person who was wrong it was the timing. I feel like one day we could be together and HAPPY. For now I have to give the needed space and love in spite of the differences or events, because I’m a mother and I have learned what unconditional love means. Maybe I have learned it sooner than some, but it isn’t a form of love that is unlearnable by those who are not parents. They just have to have the desire to be taught.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leila! I just have a quick question regarding your blog! I'm Heather and if you would email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete